Monday, June 15, 2009

I just have time for a quick few words before my company arrives. But a few words are better than no words. Right? Since William is gone this week to Guatemala, I thought it was the perfect time to get my cousin, Toyah, to come hang out with me for a few days. That way we can stay up late, sleep late, come and go as we please. Toyah and I grew up together. We spent many a summer together, pretty much the entire time. So, this week just feels like "old times". Instead of riding our bicycles all over Mereta, though, we will most likely spend most of our time sitting on the back porch, drinking coffee or maybe rummaging through some junk shops. I'm sooooo looking forward to this!
Oh.....these seemingly random pictures that have seemingly nothing to do with this post? They are just that! Random pictures with absolutely nothing to do with this post! They are pictures of areas around the house that I just love. This one is my living room coffee table top. An bunch of baseballs, collected by my Daddy. I arranged them in a cut crystal Fostoria bowl. I love baseball. That probably comes from growing up watching my Daddy play. He LOVED baseball !!!
Sooo, it's a little tribute to him and to summer and to baseball..................
The other picture is on my counter top in the kitchen. I have had a drawerful of old "silver" ware for years. Emphasis on the old, not so much on the silver. I just decided this would be a fun look. I tied them in bunches with tiny jute twine. I've had the GRACE plaque for a long time. It says "GRACE each day, with Thanks". It always is displayed somewhere in the house. The initialed linen towel, that looks like an antique.....not! I found it a few weeks ago at Tuesday Morning. And it just "went" with all the rest of the mess !
Okay. That's all I got this morning! I'm preoccupied with "when will T. get here?" and "what will I fix us for lunch?" and "what are we gonna do first?" I'm looking forward to a fun week. Hope you are too!!!
Gwynie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment